Coconut Oil Cleanser had Caused Spots
19-year old Inka Williams has shared her experience of recovering from acne by quitting a range of natural oils which had been triggering problems.
She shared her journey on social media with honest ‘before’ photos showing inflamed acne, which cleared up in about 3 weeks after she quit oil-based products, including coconut oil.
She shared her experience with 1.2 million instagram followers.
View this post on Instagram
I can’t wait to properly shoot/work again! I miss it. My Acne has been a long journey but its coming to an end ❤️ My skin has gone through various ups and downs, but before now I had never found the true reason and cause of it. After trying everything under the sun (except Roaccutane) , I want to share my experiences, what ive been through and what is finally curing it for good ,to help the ones going through it too… i just want to do it right, once its 100% gone. It’s honestly been fkn hard but it has taught me so much about unconditional self love and acceptance. 💛 we all have flaws, loving them is liberating! • oh and exciting news! I’m leaving London and going to be based somewhere new in the next couple of months to get back into the game!!! 🔥🔥 it’s about time!!!! Guess where i’m going 🙄🙃😅😉🥰 • photo: @edpurnomo
“When I used to put makeup on and then I’d get home and take off my makeup with coconut oil – now that I think back I’m like wow that’s so obviously going to clog my pores.”
Many people have embraced the idea of coconut oil, a popular natural product which has been suggested for a range of health and beauty concerns including cleansing and moisturising the skin. However, in Inka’s case, it was counterproductive.
“Pretty much once I started using all those products on my face, that’s when my acne started.
“I’d have all of these little dots under my pores and all these dots together would form an infection under my skin and that’s where the big pussy ones would come out.”
She warns other acne sufferers that even natural oil products are best avoided for acne-prone skin:
“If you have acne skin do not use anything with fat or oil – even if it’s natural it does not matter don’t use oil on your face, it will clog your pores, use water based things. The only thing that will actually make your acne go away is if you stop putting shit on it that’s going to clog it.”
Acne Skincare Recommendations
Getting the right skincare regime can make an enormous difference for acne-prone skin.
Cosmedics Beauty’s trained staff offer professional advice on the best products to use for cleansing and conditioning the skin, morning and evening. Ranges include the popular ZO Skin Health.
Laser Acne Treatment
In addition, Cosmedics Beauty offer a range of professional treatments for really kickstarting the skin’s recovery. Laser treatment is an excellent treatment option to consider. It works to destroy the bacteria which cause acne inflammations while also stimulating the skin’s healing and recovery processes.
Special Offer on Laser Acne Treatment Ends Soon
Right now, Cosmedics Beauty are including 3 LED sessions free with a course of ClearSkin laser acne treatment.
3 x Celluma LED Sessions FREE with ClearSkin Laser Acne Treatment
Clients who book a course of 6 laser acne treatments with ClearSkin will benefit from 3 free Celluma LED sessions.
You can expect the skin to look and feel healthier and more balanced after this clever combination of treatments with clearer, more radiant skin.
This offer ends 31st March 2019.
Offer Terms & Conditions:
- LED treatments must be used after the laser session and booked in as usual
- Must purchase course of 6 full face acne treatments within March 2019 and book in first session by end of April 2019.
- Only one course per client this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- New clients to harmony laser must have a consultation and test patch worth £25 prior to treatments.
- Existing clients to the harmony laser must be re-test patched if has been over 6 months since last treatment or had recent intense sun exposure.
- All clients must be at least 2 weeks out of any sun exposure. Any clients using retinol or hydroquinone must advise the therapist upon booking any treatments.
- For security reasons we must ask that any new clients pay in clinic. Existing clients can make payments over phone if needed.
- All special offers and treatments are subject to availability and must be booked in advance, stating the offer
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion
- Cosmedics reserve the right to withdraw offers at any time and without notice
- Offer exclusively available at our Putney Beauty Salon or Harley Street Beauty Salon
- Cosmedics Beauty’s normal terms and conditions always apply including cancellation fee
Cosmedics’ London Beauty Salons offer a range of advanced treatments including laser hair removal. Their Beauty Therapists are fully trained and qualified to use the powerful technology and offer an extensive choice of customisable options.
The Putney Beauty Salon also offers waxing, which is still very popular for fast and effective treatment.
We now have a choice of two fabulously equipped and appointed salons:
- 4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
- 41 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QH